Starting this Tuesday 06 May 2014, Spicejet announces not only a safe and happy journey for all the passengers but going a step further by introducing “On-Time Guarantee”. They promises that they will fly you to your destination on time.
This guarantee entitles passengers to a voucher worth of Rs 500 if your flight gets delayed between 60 to 119mintues and a Rs 1000 voucher for a delay beyond 120 minutes.
How you can redeem your voucher:
Step 1 – SpiceJet will send you an automated voucher via SMS and mail for flights delayed by 60 or more minutes.
Step 2 – Visit spicejet.com. Enter your travel details, click on voucher check box on the booking widget and proceed for booking.
Step 3 – Once on payment page, select the voucher payment option, enter your voucher details and proceed for payment.
Terms and Conditions:
• SpiceJet will issue an e-Voucher (“Voucher”) [On Time Guarantee Voucher] to such passengers whose flight has either been delayed beyond the scheduled departure time of the flight/ cancelled.
a. Between 60 to 119 minutes: Voucher worth INR 500/-
b. Beyond 120 minutes: Voucher worth INR 1000/-
c. In case of cancellation of the flight: Voucher worth 1000/-
• For the purpose of calculation of the period of delay, the time will be calculated from the scheduled departure time of the flight, till the time the aircraft’s doors are closed for take-off. SpiceJet’s decision in this regard shall be final and binding.
• SpiceJet shall be under no obligation to provide any Voucher(s) in cases where the delay and/ or cancellations have been caused by an event(s) of Force Majeure, i.e., circumstance(s) which are beyond the control of SpiceJet and the impact of which has lead to the delay and/ or cancellation of flight(s), and which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken care of by SpiceJet. Such circumstances, may in particular, occur, including but not limited to, due to political instability, natural disaster, civil war, insurrection or riot, flood, explosion, government regulation and/ or any order affecting the aircraft, strikes and labour disputes causing cessation, slowdown or interruption of work and/ or any other factors that are beyond the control of SpiceJet.
• In the event of delay subsequently leading to cancellation, there shall be only One Voucher issued per passenger for cancellation of the flight and the Voucher value for delay shall not be clubbed, which is to be redeemed by the passenger only to whom it has been issued. The Voucher is non-transferable.
• An auto SMS will be sent to the passengers of the affected flights to log-in to a landing page on SpiceJet’s website –www.spicejet.com, to claim their Voucher. Passengers who have not provided their personal contact details at the time of booking shall have to contact SpiceJet’s Sales and Reservation Centre at +919871803333/ +919654003333 to know the details about their Voucher.
• The Voucher shall be valid for a period of 90 days, from and including the date of its issue, post which it shall automatically lapse.
• The Voucher can only be redeemed against booking made at www.spicejet.com for those passenger(s) to whom such Voucher(s) was issued.
• To redeem the Voucher, the booking shall be made at least 30 days prior to the scheduled date of travel.
• The Voucher can only be utilized towards the payment for a new booking only against fare and taxes. The value of the Voucher, in no circumstance, can be utilized for payment towards products/ services like on-board meals, advance excess luggage booking, premium seats, carriage of sports/ any other special item(s) (the carriage of which is otherwise chargeable) and/ or any other Special Service Request.
• Multiple Vouchers can be used on a single booking, provided that the Voucher was issued in the name of the said passenger only in whose name the booking is being made.
• The Voucher(s) shall only be applicable for a single usage. Any partially used/ unused balance amount in the Voucher shall neither be refunded in any manner nor can the Voucher be used again.
• For booking(s) made using the Voucher, if any changes and/ or cancellations are made therein from the customer’s end, then the Voucher value will lapse in addition to the change fees and/ or cancellation charges and only the balance amount would be retained in a credit shell for subsequent utilization by the passenger.
• SpiceJet reserves the right to modify, alter, amend, and/ or change any and/ or all of the terms and conditions made applicable to the offer at any time without any prior notice.
• In addition to these terms and conditions, the general terms of carriage available at http://www.spicejet.com/Tnc.aspx shall also be applicable.
• Any such Voucher which is issued under this scheme due to the reason of cancellation of flight shall be in exclusion to any/ all other compensation, for which the passenger(s) is entitled for (if any), as per the cancellation policy of SpiceJet. All other terms and conditions for cancellation will remain the same.